Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Getting your x220T to work

If you are having stability problems with your x220t, then perhaps this will help you:

I have found that downloading updated drivers helps to fix many of the issues.
Go here for drivers:
www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?template=/product.do?template=%2Fproductpage%2Flandingpages%2FproductPageLandingPage.vm&sitestyle=lenovo&brandind=10&familyind=595437&machineind=609389&modelind=609780&partnumberind=0&subcategoryind=0&doctypeind=9&doccategoryind=0&operatingsystemind=49979&validate=true

Install the BIOS too, but follow the directions!

I cannot use the Conexant audio driver as that kills the microphone, remove the Conexant driver if you have the same issue, the Windows standard driver works fine for now. Please post a comment if you have the same issue. I also had problems with the power button not being able to put the machine to sleep (yes I set everything correctly). The only solution I found to that was to completely uninstall power management driver, shutdown, and then reboot and reinstall the power management driver. This fixed it.

I have not had a crash or freeze since. The only problem that seems to occur is the random disappearance of the trackpad/trackpoint when resuming from sleep / tablet mode, and the inexplicable death of the fingerprint reader. Currently I have uninstalled the ultranav driver and utility. At least now I have a working trackpoint and trackpad.

It is sad that Lenovo doesn't work more on their drivers before releasing the laptop to the public.

Hope this helps you.

Issues discussed:

x220t - mics / microphone not working / broken
x220t - power button not working / broken
x220t - trackpoint / trackpad not working / broken

3 comments:

  1. I just got my x220t, I'm having the same issue with the trackpoint/track pas not working. The funny thing for me is that it works at the login screen when it asks for a password, but not once logged in. When I open the nav settings everything is greyed out and I can't change any of the settings, it's pretty frustrating.

    I've only had it for one day so I haven't played around with updating it yet, but I have done system restore 2 times now to get the pad and point working. Hopefully this doesn't keep happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same thing here, traced it to an update from microsoft, I'll try and find the specific update number but I'm pretty sure lenovo doesn't know microsoft introduced a driver conflict

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you referring to the mic issue? To be clear about the issue, the mic appears in windows but it is completely muffled and useless until I remove the Lenovo driver and let windows install it's own. I did post a manual fix for it on a later post though.

    ReplyDelete