Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Got my Lenovo X220t - first impressions

I was surprised to see how light the laptop is. It has a clear screen, and a full size keyboard.

The touchscreen: works well so far. I have managed to write with the pen, although it is something you have to learn how to do. I will slowly build up proficiency at using the gestures and writing in a way that allows the software to more easily recognize the letters.

There are usability bugs.. The laptop screen has gotten stuck in tablet direction even though it was in laptop mode. What that means is that the screen was upside down. Putting it back into tablet mode (flipping the screen), and then turning it back to laptop mode didn't help. Finally after hitting the portrait button, and then hitting it again it switched back to laptop mode.

Next time I booted it up, I didn't have a trackpad or touchpad... I am assuming all of this will be fixed with the System Update run. I have chosen to install all driver updates.

I will blog more as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment