Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lenovo weekend tech support woes

I have been using the x220t for a few days now. Five finger gestures is a nice feature of this laptop. I discovered them by playing around with the touchscreen. Lenovo has no complete list of supported five finger gestures. I searched their website and the user guides.

Calling technical support to find this information was almost a waste of time. The first agent who I asked the question to responded by saying technical support is only for hardware repair. She told me to call sales, as they are aware of all the features of the laptop. My girlfriend was in the car with me, and was as disgusted as I was.

I called sales mentioning what tech support said, and luckily I got a sweet sales agent named Tammi. She clarified the situation, and assured me that tech support DOES support the system, including answering my questions.

Second time around, I got another tech support agent who opened up a new request. I asked him what five finger gestures were supported, and he found this website:

I am surprised that Lenovo has no information about these gestures on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment